Legal & Compliance Manager
Ready for your once-in-a-lifetime entrepreneurial opportunity? Work with the team that’s redefining the future of work and join our hypergrowth journey as a Legal & Compliance Manager!
Next Matter is disrupting how operations are built and run, and in doing so, shaping the future of work for people and companies across industries. Join our fully remote team as we’re entering the hypergrowth phase!
We don’t only shape the future of work, we also live it. Own a world-class software compliance legal function and establish scale-up practices as the first hire in that function!
Your key responsibilities
- Create a prioritized legal and compliance roadmap and own the implementation
- Fully own legal side of customer onboarding
- Fully own legal side of third parties
- Fully own legal side of employee contracts / HR documents
- Drive ongoing automation initiatives of contracting
- Own certification roadmap and (re-)audits (SOC II, ISO and GDPR)
Who are we looking for?
- Track Record of Success in Legal and Compliance Management. Minimum 3 years of experience in legal and compliance in a B2B software company. Understands what it takes to run a stage-appropriate legal and compliance function. Experience with owning certification lifecycle (kick-off, audit, maintenance and re-audit), especially in GDPR, SOC and ISO is a plus.
- Communication. Clear communicator, able to address issues heads on, adjusts communication style naturally to the audience; possesses polished written and verbal English skills. Highly responsive and friendly towards all internal and external stakeholders.
- Work Ethic. Demonstrate grit, persistence, and attention to detail.
- Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically, and speaks plainly and truthfully to colleagues and candidates.
- Organization. Prioritizes clearly and makes sure that nothing falls through the cracks.
The future of Operations is bright! The Next Matter Platform enfranchises operations teams worldwide to build and run reliable, automated operations solutions effortlessly with their teams, systems, customers, suppliers, and partners. Next Matter is the new standard system for Operations, bringing them on eye level with Finance (ERP), Sales (CRM), and IT (Ticketing) which already have purpose-built cloud platforms. Our highly experienced team comes from a diverse set of backgrounds like strategy consulting, software, and high-tech and is passionate to unshackle operations teams by running their work on highly manual, duct-taped solutions with email, spreadsheets, meetings and chat.
- The chance to join a fast-growing, well-funded, startup, with an experienced founding team and a product and business model ready for hypergrowth
- Work directly with the highly experienced and passionate leadership team
- The option to work fully remote with a high degree of independence and exciting scope of action
- Contribute to shaping the future of our platform from a legal point of view
- The opportunity to lead and grow a mission critical part of the business!
- A challenge for your personal and professional development
- A competitive salary and equity options
How to Apply
- Please apply with your one-page CV (or LinkedIn profile) and a one-page maximum cover letter, highlighting relevant experience and motivation to join
- We interview fast, but thoroughly. The process is typically concluded in 1-2 weeks:
- Pre-screening conversation with HR/Recruiter
- Interview with our COO
- Simulated work task
- Interview with our People Lead
- Interview with our CEO
- Reference check and offer
- Availability: Immediate start date preferred