Next Matter is disrupting how Operations are built and run, and in the process, is shaping how people and companies work in a range of industries around the world.
As the team enters an exciting hyper-growth phase, we’re looking for an experienced, impact-oriented Product Designer to join our fast-growing team and help take the Next Matter product to the next level by championing both cutting edge product design and the needs of our users.
Product Design @ Next Matter
Product Design is a small but impactful discipline within the growing Next Matter team. The team plays a vital role in the planning, strategy and execution of product development and works in close collaboration with Product and Engineering colleagues to understand and solve the challenges facing our customers.
As the Design, Product and Engineering teams expand during Next Matter’s hyper-growth phase, this is an opportunity for a motivated Product Designer to join the team and play a key role in not only creating innovative, high-quality design solutions, but also in helping to define how we work, collaborate and connect with design culture as a whole.
What you'll do
- Create functional, high-quality design concepts and solutions (including user flows, product specifications, prototypes, wireframes and sketches) by applying a combination of user inputs, business strategy and design techniques.
- Deliver consistent, well-considered, implementation-ready designs to our engineering team on time, based on the product cycle timeline.
- Collaborate, communicate and iterate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders to create holistic design solutions across both the product and brand.
- Evolve and maintain the Next Matter design system in collaboration with colleagues from the Design and Engineering teams to ensure consistency and quality across the platform.
- Champion cutting-edge product design within the team by sharing ideas, knowledge and insights, and by contributing to the ongoing development of internal design processes.
- Deepen the team’s understanding of our users and their needs via interaction and analysis. Test concepts and hypotheses with users, and ensure optimum usability and impact of product features.
What we're looking for
- Track record of success in role: 3-5 years of experience designing high-quality digital products, with a portfolio of exciting work to match. Experience in a B2B SaaS environment is a plus.
- Product & Design Passion: A clear excitement and passion for design and creating industry-leading digital products.
- Customer Obsession: Driven to see customers achieve success. Strives to constantly learn more about user needs, and champions them within the team.
- Focused: Is able to focus on key priorities and shows a high level of care and attention-to-detail when completing work.
- Collaborative & Communicative: Thrives in collaborative work environments and can communicate effectively in both written and spoken English. Is receptive to the opinions of others and looks for the best solution, regardless of who first shared it.
- Entrepreneurial: Willingness to work in a highly entrepreneurial setting, where not all paths are pre-defined, and a proactive, decisive mindset is encouraged.
Operations is the discipline that underpins the success of organizations across the world. And with Next Matter, the future of work for Operations teams is bright!
The Next Matter platform empowers Operations leaders to build and run reliable, automated solutions effortlessly with their teams, systems, customers, suppliers, and partners. It’s the new standard system for Operations teams, finally bringing them to eye level with Finance (ERP), Sales (CRM), and IT (Ticketing) which already have purpose-built cloud platforms.
Our highly experienced team comes from a diverse set of backgrounds such as strategic consulting, software development and high-tech, and is passionate about unshackling Operations teams from the necessity of running their work on a combination of highly manual, duct-taped solutions including email, spreadsheets, meetings and chat.
- The chance to join a fast-growing, well-funded startup, with a highly-experienced founding team and a product and business model ready for hyper-growth
- The option to work in a fully remote setting, with a high degree of independence, ownership and scope of action
- The opportunity to play a key role in the growth and development of a critical part of the business
- Work directly with the leadership team, and contribute to shaping the future of our company and platform
- A fulfilling challenge for your personal and professional development, with real-world impact
- A competitive salary and equity options
How to Apply
- Please apply with your one-page CV (or LinkedIn profile), portfolio and a one-page maximum cover letter, highlighting relevant experience and motivation to join
- We interview fast, but thoroughly. The process is typically concluded in 1-2 weeks:
- Pre-screening conversation with Recruiter
- Interview with hiring manager
- Simulated work task
- Interview with 4 Next Matter team members
- Reference check and offer
- Availability: Immediate start date preferred